THE MOUNTAINGNOME - Updated Weekly
THE MOUNTAINGNOME - Updated Weekly
PROUD SPONSORS OF THE NRA
NOTE: We reserve the right to reject content that we consider unacceptable to our site.
- "To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens." - Adolph Hitler
FIREARMS & ACCESSORIES
U.S. STAMPS & SUPPLIES
Elk Buglers, Elk Teeth, Buffalo teeth, Bear Claws!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a price. NO REPRODUCTIONS!
MOUNTAINGNOME GUEST BOOK
The MountainGnome will be giving away one free pre-owned book weekly.
We will be picking one name from all readers who sign our guest book.
This weeks free book is THE SHACK - By Wm. Paul Young.
MountainGnome Guest Book
THE MOUNTAINGNOME FORUM!
NEW! The MountainGnome has installed a FORUM for all of our readers and visitors!
Discussions on everything OUTDOORS.
Modern Firearms, Muzzle Loaders, Modern & Traditional Hunting, Fishing, Bow Hunting, Camping.
You can bring a new topic, bring some useful information for all.
- “Liberals always exempt themselves from the rules that they impose on others."
SERVICES by FRONTIERMUZZLELOADING:
PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE RETURN UPS / USPS OR INSURANCE ON SHIPPING.
Internal Lock Polishing: $45.xx. CVA/Traditions/Siler/L&R locks only. I will polish all moving/mating surfaces and lock plate for a smooth grit free feel. This speeds up lock time and makes it butter smooth.
Trigger Polishing: $20.xx. Work would include the internals of the lock, the double set triggers MUST be polished fora smooth crisp, grit free feel!
Accuracy Bedding: $60.xx. Needed just like a center fire, your wood stock muzzle loader is actually prone to the tang screw/s loosening due to the weaker wood actually pulling the metal parts up and into the wood under heavy recoil! Loose tang screws are a dead giveaway of this happening only after a few shots, killing your accuracy.
Wet Weather soaking your wood stock also is a common problem. "In order to do the job correctly you will have to send your complete muzzle loader so I can bed all parts as one for the best accuracy possible."
Coning the Muzzle: $35.xx. This procedure in present day is known as "coning”. It was known in the 19th century as a "relieved" muzzle and also as a "funneled" muzzle. Once the rifle has been “coned” it can be loaded rather easily without using the short starter.
Barrel Browning: $65.xx. I use nothing but the best to brown all muzzle loader barrels. It’s a slow process which generally takes 3 to 5 days to complete properly. This included sights, tang, screws, etc. If it deals with the barrel/attachment. It is included in the price.
Browning Accessories: Contact for price! Butt plate, trigger guard, nose cap, patch box, Etc. Just let me know what all you have and I will work on a price for you.
Stock Refinish: $145.xx. Have an old beauty of a muzzle loader but the stock is looking a little beat up? No problem! All finishes are hand rubbed from the low gloss, matte to high mirror gloss, I can do it in whatever finish you want. Walnut normally does NOT get stained unless the owner wants it reddish or almost black. Good walnut normally never needs staining.
Brush the Brass: $25.xx. To rid that beautiful rifle of yours and that ugly shiny cheap looking brass, I can also provide a Brushed look to your rifles furniture that will age nicely and cut that cheap shininess out! Stop scaring game with that mirror! It’s a hunting rifle, not a beauty pageant!
NOTE: For additional information on our services, please contact the following email address: FrontierMuzzleloading@yahoo.com
REGISTER with the folks at Frontier Muzzleloading and view the thousands of interesting articles!!
NOTE: This article and many other interesting articles can also be found at the BACKWOODSMAN MAGAZINE.
CHECK OUT ALL THE GREAT PRODUCTS:
Click the pic on the right to view/buy the great patch lube and rust inhibitors! Black powder info on the perfect load and bullet for your muzzleloader! This site is loaded with great tips for the black powder enthusiast!! A really great forum for all, hunting, muzzle loaders, black powder, ballistics and a great deal more. Also a great new patch lube that keeps your barrel from rusting - check it out! FREE CLASSIFIEDS! JOIN THE FUN TODAY!
- "When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves."
Traditions Mountain Rifle Flintlock .50cal
For pictures and to purchase go to FRONTIER MUZZLELOADING.COM
Excellent condition! I built it from a kit. 32" barrel, 1:48 twist, 50cal. Aged steel, faux maple stripes, hand rubbed oil finish.
Tuned triggers and lock. AWESOME sparker!
Lightly coned muzzle.
I bedded the tang & trigger plate for a rock solid platform as I do all my other muzzleloaders.
She is a beautiful rifle inside and out and shoots excellent. Only selling because I have 3 flinters and they are rarely used. Plus I have an itch that needs scratching ;)
Asking $475 shipped FIRM.
CUSTOM UNDER HAMMER .45cal:
NOTE: THIS IS A BLACK POWDER RIFLE - NO FFL REQUIRED!
Custom made .45cal Under Hammer Bench Rifle, Walnut stock, beautiful trigger and bore! Bore is pristine.
The action is custom made, so no name or makes on it.
Barrel, Converted 45-70 that is 30.5" long and 1 1/8" across the flats. 1:22 twist
The rifle shoots lights out! 60-70 grains Pyrodex P, 460gr. No excuse bullets are the only conical bullets I've shot so far.
Rifle weighs just under 14lbs.
A great looking, feeling and shooting rifle! I will never see another like it, but I have to start letting some rifles go.
$500.00 SHIPPED or BEST OFFER!
Go To Our Products Page To Buy or Make Offer!
Comment From The MountainGnome: Folks, as you know the most important tool for the back woodsman/mountainman is his muzzleloader!
- Share your stories and opinions with us.....Submit Article
- "Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them!"
The above states DO NOT recognize any other states concealed carry permits! Until they change their SOCIALIST/COMMUNIST agenda's, we at the MountainGnome ask you the hunter, fisherman, sportsman to spend your money elsewhere!
TREASURES OF READING
Folks, here are some great books to read, while relaxing in the evening........
The Jensen Brand
by William Johnstone(Author), J.A. Johnstone(Author)
JENSEN PROUD. JENSEN TOUGH. . .
It’s the dawn of a new century. But on the vast Sugarloaf Ranch not much has changed since legendary gunfighter Smoke Jensen and his wife Sally tamed the land two decades ago. Raising cattle is still a dangerous business—and just as deadly as ever. When Smoke is injured swapping bullets with some cow thieves, Sally puts out a call for help to Matt, Ace, and the rest of the Jensen clan. But time is running out. The bloodthirsty rustlers are ready to strike again—and there are lots more of them. And the Sugarloaf’s last defense is Smoke and Sally’s next of kin . . .
Enter the Jensen twins. Denise and her brother Louis have just returned home from their schooling in Europe. Louis is studying to be a lawyer and is too sickly to defend the ranch. But Denise is to the manor born—she can ride like a man, shoot like her daddy, and face down the deadliest outlaws like nobody’s business. And there’ll be plenty opportunity to prove she’s got Jensen blood in her veins—cold, deadly, and playing for keeps . . .
NOTE: Folks, every book I review on The MountainGnome, I have read and give my honest opinion. This book is excellent reading IMO!
Custom Built in the USA.
Starling proudly introduces our latest E/FX™ Plug-N-Play Life Force Light kit for Gort from "The Day the Earth Stood Still".
Whether you have the vinyl or resin Gort, you are sure to love our accurately portrayed effect straight from the movie. This amazing effect takes you from Gorts attack with awesome lights and sound, to the call from his master, Klaatu, to power down. Sounds are Crystal Clear and of High Quality as are ALL Starling Effects.
Built in the USA using top quality components for longevity. Powered by 4.5v battery holder.
There are several add on options for this kit: like a remote control.
DON'T SEE WHAT YOU NEED? WE CAN BUILD A CUSTOM KIT FOR YOUR PROJECT!
NEED SOME GREAT LIGHTING EFFECTS AND AWESOME SOUND EFFECTS?!
Starling Technologies Products Brings Your Projects To Life! For all of you MODEL BUILDERS we provide many types of services and products for the modeler and hobbyist! Star Wars - Star Trek - War Of The Worlds and many, many others! If you're looking to enhance your Sci Fi models try their latest custom built and fully assembled L.E.D. Boards. STARLING TECHNOLOGIES™ is constantly creating new and innovative product lines for model builders worldwide! You can also get these boards in kit form for the more advanced builder.
We sell worldwide! A MUST SEE!!
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
- At the heart of liberalism really is a HATRED for God and a belief that government should replace God....
CALL TODAY! 406-295-5463
The Yaak River Lodge is a beautiful guest lodge nestled in the Purcell Mountains in northwestern Montana. We have six comfortable rooms with private baths, wall to wall carpeting and cozy fireplaces, a dorm that sleeps eight and a Honeymoon Suite with a Jacuzzi. Enjoy our hot tub on the back deck, a private sauna and relaxing social area with BYOB bar. Optional home cooked meals add just the right touch to your vacation location.
NOTE: MILITARY DISCOUNTS
NOTE: We will no longer suggest Colorado, or any other state that legalized the sale of illegal drugs, as a hunting, skiing, vacation destination without warning you of the consequences!
Due to the legalization of drugs in the state: increases in crime, drug related shootings, increasing traffic deaths, increasing hit & run incidents, we feel your vacations are better spent, safer, and more enjoyable elsewhere!!
MOUNTAINGNOME ~ PRIVACY SOFTWARE
Every week read about the latest developments in privacy software for the home, internet, e-mail..etc..Is the government sticking their noses to far into your private life? Find out more...
Software, Articles, Web Sites and Tips helping YOU protect your PRIVACY!!
Online Privacy Guide: 9 Steps to Security in the Digital Age!
FOLKS, THIS IS A MUST READ & VERY EASY TO IMPLEMENT!!
BASICS OF CRYPTOGRAPHY - Download or view this manual.
The Ultimate Online Privacy Guide!
It is not just the NSA. Governments the world over are racing to introduce legislation that allows to them to monitor and store every email, phone call and Instant Message, every web page visited, and every VoIP conversation made by every single one of their citizens.
Remember – anonymity is NOT a crime!
Secure Email Based in Switzerland!
ProtonMail is incorporated in Switzerland and all our servers are located in Switzerland. This means all user data is protected by strict Swiss privacy laws.
All emails are secured automatically with end-to-end encryption. This means even we cannot decrypt and read your emails. As a result, your encrypted emails cannot be shared with third parties.
Check It Out Freedom Lovers: The Mountaingnome Uses PROTONMAIL!
You are being watched. Private and state-sponsored organizations are monitoring and recording your online activities. privacytools.io provides knowledge and tools to protect your privacy against global mass surveillance.
NOTE: Visit the site to view some very interesting data on how private citizens are subject to mass surveillance in not only the U.S.A. but many other countries! CLICK HERE
NOTE: Folks, as of today, TOR is the best of the best for your PRIVATE internet browsing! No one has been able to equal this program!
PLACE YOUR AD HERE ON THE MOUNTAINGNOME!
CHUCK WAGON COOK
Folks....here you'll find delicious recipes for main dishes, deserts, "kool" drinks, wild game, and more ~ Updated in every new edition of The MountainGnome!
Have a special recipe you want to share?
Please e-mail us at email@example.com
By Green Mountain Grills
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-Whole Turkey
- 5-Gallon Pale for Brining
- Aluminum Foil
- Brown Sugar
- Fresh Garlic
- GMG Poultry Rub
- Kosher Salt
- Thaw the turkey in the refrigerator. This will take anywhere from 2-5 days depending on the size of the bird. You can also thaw it in cold water in 8-12 hours. Remove the neck and the giblets from the bird’s cavities.
- If you don’t own a pan large enough for the turkey, just go to a box store and buy a 5-gallon plastic pail. Put the turkey in the pan or pail and then add enough water to completely cover it.
- Remove the turkey.
- Add enough kosher salt to the water until a raw egg just seems buoyant. Stir. Add 3 tablespoons of brown sugar or molasses and 5 tablespoons of GMG Poultry Rub.
- Use a garlic press or mash several cloves of garlic with the side of a butcher’s knife and add to the brine. Stir thoroughly.
- Brine the turkey overnight. Make sure no part of the turkey is out of the water.
- Remove the turkey and pat dry with paper towels.
- Push a wooden spoon underneath the skin all the way around the bird, top and bottom, to break the skin away from the flesh. The goal is to make enough room to get your hand between the skin and the flesh.
- Rub reasonable amounts of Green Mountain Poultry Rub on the flesh with your hands between the skin and the meat. Do this top and bottom – wherever you can reach. You can put the rub on the skin, but this will merely make the skin taste good, not the meat – the skin acts as a perfect insulator. So unless you have a huge fondness for flavorful grilled turkey skin, you will waste your money putting a spice rub on it.
- Place the turkey, breast side down, in a disposable aluminum pan (unless you really love to clean pots and pans and want to use your good oven roaster).
- Turn the grill on and set it to 185°. When that temperature stabilizes, put the turkey in the grill. On humid days, I recommend that you cover it for the first hour, since some sooting may occur until the atmosphere inside dries out.
- Make a mixture of 1 cup of apple juice and 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Put this in a small spray bottle which you can get at Wal-Mart for about one dollar.
- Spritz (spray) the turkey about once per hour. Make sure that you spritz thoroughly, especially inside the bird’s cavities.
- Cook the turkey for about 8 hours, regardless of the size of the bird.
- After 8 hours, turn the bird over. Turn the grill up to 275°.
- Push a metal meat thermometer into the thickest part of the breast, about 3/4″ away from the bone. Push it straight down into the bird until it touches the bone, and then back it out about 1/2″. Leave the thermometer in.
- Continue to cook for about 10-12 minutes per pound until the temperature on the meat thermometer reaches 160°. If the skin becomes browner than you like during this period, you can cover the breast with aluminum foil. Remove the turkey from the grill, cover it completely with foil, and let it rest for 20-30 minutes, during which time the temperature will continue to rise to 165°.
- " The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others."